Buy a new Santa Cruz or Pyga Mountain Bike from Torq Zone and get a comprehensive 3 YEAR SERVICE PLAN valued at over R12,000 included as standard with your purchase.
The 3 Year Service Plan is designed to provide you with 100% peace of mind and ensure your new bike will remain in immaculate condition, always ready for that next “Perfect Ride”. The Service plan covers labour charges but it also incentivises you to adhere to a regular service interval designed to save you money on the replacement of parts & components through scheduled preventative maintenance.
What is covered under the Service Plan:
Torq Zone will cover routine labour charges as follows:
- Year 1 – 100% (You pay zero for labour)
- Year 2 – 75% (You only pay 25% for labour)
- Year 3 – 50% (You only pay 50% for labour)
Routine Labour Charges include the following:
- Any Zone 1, 2, 3 or 4 service performed according to the recommended service interval.
- All other individual servicing of parts & components as required to get the bike back to a “Perfect Ride” condition.
The following is NOT included in the Service Plan and will be charged seperately:
- Any parts, components and consumables
- Zone 1, 2, 3 or 4 Service Package performed in addition to recommended service intervals
- Installation or servicing of aftermarket accessories fitted to the bike unless purchased from Torq Zone
- Fitment of parts & components NOT purchased from Torq Zone
- Wash & Lube on its own and not performed as part of a service
- Repair of damage from accidents or crashes
- Repair of damage from abuse, neglect or lack of adhering to the recommended service intervals
- Rebuilding of Wheels
- Any services performed by third party suppliers, distributors or wholesalers
Terms & Conditions:
- The Service Plan is offered standard on all bikes purchased from Torq Zone as from 1st of January 2016.
- The Service Plan covers only the original bike purchased and cannot be transferred to another bike.
- The Service Plan is transferrable to a new owner should the bike be sold during the 3 year period, subject to a transfer fee, a pre-transfer inspection & service (if required) and approval from Torq Zone Management. The transfer fee will be as follows:
- Year 1: R1000
- Year 2: R750
- Year 3: R500
- The Service Plan is subject to adherence to Torq Zone’s recommended service intervals. Failure to adhere to these intervals may render the service plan null & void.
- Any major servicing of the bike under cover by any other technician not authorised by Torq Zone may render the service plan null & void. It is required to seek approval from Torq Zone prior to purchasing mechanical packages from other bikes shops or individual mechanics for major Stage Races.
- Recommended service intervals will be regulated according to the number of months between scheduled services, unless the client maintains accurate public records of actual kilometres ridden (e.g. Strava), in which case the “whichever comes first principle” will be applied. Refer to our recommended service intervals here.
- Decisions with regards to adherence to recommended service intervals, transfer of service plans and whether a particular labour item is covered by the plan, are at the sole and absolute discretion of Torq Zone and it’s management.
- Torq Zone reserves the right to cancel any service plan at its sole and absolute discretion, at any time during the period if any deliberate abuse of the program or the bicycle itself is evident.